IT Support Analyst
This role is within the IT Service Delivery team of our amazing client who are leaders in their sector. The friendly and professional Service Delivery team deliver high quality technical support helping the business to solve any user based technical issues.
The IT Support Analysts provide end-users with technical support on business systems, hardware requests, hardware configuration and general asset management. The role will provide written advice via email, tickets, live chat and verbal telephone advice when problems arise with either computer hardware and/or software. Analysts also help resolve network issues with third party suppliers, problems with computer peripherals (such as printers, desk set up, office moves etc.), Microsoft administration support (changes within Active Directory, new starters and leavers etc.). The role encompasses first and second line duties and will require a technical skillset and previous experience.
As IT Support Analyst your key responsibilities will include:
• Working closely with our external service partner as “one team” with joint accountability and representation.
• Quickly diagnosing, examining and resolving user based IT issues with our internal customers based at 150+ branches
• Providing great “service with a smile” representing IT with strong professionalism skills.
• Communicating will come naturally to you, being the friendly face of IT in Service Delivery.
• Close working relationships with suppliers and internal Applications Team for third line escalation.
• Ensuring that our users are updated about progress on their tickets / issues / requests in line with team SLA provisions and using skill and experience to escalate tickets when necessary.
• The role holder will be responsible for recording and resolving IT incidents reported by IT Users and undertaking Request Fulfilment activities to satisfy Customer requests for help, assistance or guidance.
• To resolve incidents and fulfil service request in a timely and effective manner.
• To maintain a timely and complete record of activity on any incident or service request.
• To maintain a meaningful and timely dialogue with the user on progress and plans.
• To work within defined processes for Incident Management and Request Fulfilment.
• Adhere to professional call handling techniques, i.e. always communicating in an efficient and professional manner.
• Adhere to Service Desk call logging processes – all tickets to be logged with sufficient user and incident detail, all tickets to be updated regularly and managed professionally until resolved.
• Adhere to company procedures, working practices and department specific processes.
• To access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
• To perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, supporting and installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
• Identifying and creating appropriate knowledge articles relating to known fixes.
• Assist with developing self-help /frequently asked questions lists for end users.
• Engage in and understand key ITIL processes including Incident Management and Request Fulfilment.
• Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in Incident and Problem troubleshooting.
• Providing on-call support as part of any Rota (that may come into effect – initially, the role is 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday).
• Carrying out other duties as required from time to time to meet the needs of the business.
• Keep current with security and Infrastructure technology and direct research on potential hardware/software solutions.
• May involve occasional out of-hours resolution support in event of system’s incidents.
• Strong customer focussed engagement and communication skills
• Strong understanding and implementation of the basic principles of cyber security
• Dealing sensitively with all customer and team data ensuring full compliance to General Data Protection Regulations.
• Where possible, mitigating the risk of holding any information on paper while advocating electronic data handling.
• Understanding the components that form an IT infrastructure and their role in delivering IT services.
• Office 365 experience including F3 and E5 licencing models
• Experience of supporting and administering core Microsoft systems, including Windows Servers, Windows Desktops, Active Directory, Office 365 software, File Services and other key applications.
• Apple MAC desktop support knowledge and experience
• Monitors, Printer and general desktop hardware
• Mobile phones Android and iOS operating systems knowledge
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot IT issues
• MS teams, Video Conference Administration and telephone experience
• Experience and awareness of WAN technologies
• Experience of IT security principles including Anti-Virus technologies, encryption, and Firewalls.
Behavioural Competencies and Skills:
• Enjoying the challenges of a busy service delivery team, changing priorities quickly and in line with business needs.
• Technical skills supporting the build and reconfiguration of user device equipment.
• An inbuilt desire to take the time to understand issues, requirements and providing excellent service
• Listening to feedback and applying learnings to improve self within the team
• Ensure the emphasis is always on great Customer Service.
• Excellent communication, team working, interpersonal skills with a positive focused attitude and desire to provide continual service improvements.
• The ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads effectively and can deal with a variety of tasks.
• Well organised with a keen attention to detail.
• Able to function in a high-pressure quick paced environment.
• Ability to demonstrate the drive and tenacity to succeed and the ability to work as part of a team to deliver excellent performance and great service.
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly and present ideas in user-friendly language, communicating effectively at all levels.
• Good interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
• Able to demonstrate a methodical and analytical approach to problem solving and troubleshooting.
• Must have experience of influencing others effectively and able to overcome customer frustrations positively, whilst remaining engaging and approachable.
• Experience of conducting research, troubleshooting and diagnosis of a wide range of technical issues.
• An aptitude for learning new technologies and ways of working
• Must have at least two years Level 1 or 2 support experience.
• Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders at different levels.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience managing and working with 3rd party suppliers.
• Ability to identify, manage and mitigate risks and issues.
• Able to work to deadlines in a time critical environment.