Senior IT Business Analyst
West Midlands (Hybrid, 3 days/week on site)
Our client are one of the leading companies in their sector. They are currently growing and transforming the business and need a Senior Business Analyst to lead a new function for IT projects and initiatives. Supporting the implementation of IT / business change into the organisation, the role will involve working closely with all Technology Teams and all other areas of the business in helping identify and design new processes and systems as required. The role will also be expected to liaise with third party providers to ensure project requirements are clearly understood and delivered by those providers.
This is a new roles that requires senior BA experience with a strong background in implementing new methods, tools and building relationships within a business analysis function. You will need to be comfortable working relatively autonomously in an exciting and dynamic environment!
As IT Senior Business Analyst your key responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with end users with regard to high level and low level business requirements.
- Working alongside the technical teams in delivering and supporting technology based change.
- Key input and contribution to the Application Team supporting business needs and technology roadmap / strategy.
- Adherence to robust standards and procedures that exist for systems development, testing, data management, documentation are implemented.
- Supporting the delivery of development changes into operation following agreed internal procedures
- Receiving escalations from the Service Delivery Team, investigating these and resolving these whilst updating on progress and issue resolution.
- Getting hands on with system configuration and helping steer via matrix management other technical resources to complete configuration changes.
- Ensuring BA activity is documented to agreed standards and works within the organisation Project Management Methodology.
- Sharing knowledge and training the Service Delivery team in supporting systems and applications.
- Assisting with escalated support incidents.
- Excellent communication skills – Written, Verbal, and Physical, with the ability to produce written specifications including data requirements, business process flows, user interface changes, user stories and third party package specifications
- Management skills – leading and setting standards through behaviour
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and analytical skills
- Process design definition (current and future process mapping)
- Change control & controlling project scope
- Change acceptance/resistance management
- Managing expectations
- Influencing abilities
- Capable of working with minimum of supervision and the ability to matrix manage others to ensure delivery to agreed timescales
- Matrix team management, in a project environment
- Following internal procedures and implementing the correct department standards
- Ability to identify and recommend suitable introduction of new processes and/or procedures to systems and processes
- Commitment to the success of a project
- Indirect Management Accountabilities
- Coaching and mentoring the people around you
- Shared team motivation
- Analysing business requirements, running workshops, meetings.
- Writing specification documents, meeting notes, meeting actions, user guides, project reports, general project communications
- System training and implementation activities
- Project reporting and communication with all levels of project stakeholder
- Project Management (as allocated by Project / Programme Management)
- To help ensure thorough testing of systems is completed in conjunction with the teams
Behavioural Competencies and Skills:
- Positive can-do attitude with an acute ability to keep reality (time, cost, resources) firmly in mind and shared with stakeholders.
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence and steer decision making towards the optimal solution.
- Ability to engage with people, capture critical detail, document accurately and share with technical resources the business challenges faced.
- IT Software Development Projects, IT Software Configuration Projects, Business Change, System Rollouts, Proven experience of standard project methodologies; PRINCE2, Waterfall, and Agile
- Managing client relationships
- Managing internal senior relationships
- Recruitment industry exposure