Head of Data & Insight
Hybrid (in Midlands office 2 days/week)
We have partnered with an organisation that is committed to making a difference in the Social Care sector. They need motivated and passionate colleagues who will make it happen and increase the number of people receiving their services.
The Head of Data & Insight will provide direction and leadership over the Business Intelligence function and will be accountable for generating actionable business insight to drive business direction. The role is based within IT and will work very closely with Finance Business Partners, FP&A and Finance functions. Engagement and relationship building at an executive and investor key stakeholder level will be just as important as engaging with business operations teams.
- Significant proven experience in successfully developing, delivering & embedding a clear enterprise-wide analytics & insights strategy that aligns with business objectives.
- Demonstratable experience working in senior lead Data Insight & Analytics or relevant leadership position.
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining the right IT data architecture e.g. Azure SQL and reporting solutions e.g. Power BI, Tableau etc.
- Ideally experience of designing and implementing data warehouses and ETL processes from the ground up.
- Experience of designing and implementing Power BI datasets, dashboards and paginated reporting, including modelling best practices.
- Awareness of Data Lake, Lakehouse and Machine Learning technologies and capabilities.
- Establish Data Governance principles, controls, policies to maintain high data quality, security and compliance
- Support the culture of data-driven decision making.
- Play a vital part in how Data & Analytics shapes the organisation moving forwards.
High Performing Teams:
- Directing a team of Data Analysts / Engineers to deliver an effective and efficient business intelligence service.
- Manage performance and play a mentorship role to the key positions within the department.
- Leading and managing on any areas of underperformance or concern and taking action to improve.
- Strong leadership, relationship and influencing skills are essential.
- Strong communication skills, maintaining precision and rigor while making complex concepts accessible to non-technical experts.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders including third-party vendor / investors.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Personal Impact and Influence
- Commercial understanding and impact
- Values Driven
- Change Management
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- Leadership and influencing
- Training delivery
Staying up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in data analytics and data management e.g. growing impact
- Be flexible for the needs of the business and work effectively with team members and on their own.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, and driven to succeed. The ability to multi-task, prioritise and work at pace are key to this role.
- A collaborative team player with a positive and proactive approach who can think and act quickly to find creative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate, influence and implement
- Ability to build effective relationships both internally and externally.